cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not write into flash of QD4

San___
Contributor I

Hi @all,

in another thread i told, that i cant communicate with my QD4, because i used the USB Spyder. Now i have a OSBDM board. So far so good.

With CW's Hiwave i can flash my QD4 with the "Load" option, especially at address 0xF000 (thats what i want). But i can not modify the memory in the memory window, maybe its because there i can only change the RAM...i dont know...

My big problem is, that data which i send via OSBDM dll (function "opensourcebdm_write_block") will not be written in the flash of my QD4. The funtion returs no error, nor i get an error by calling function "opensourcebdm_get_last_sts".

I dont know what i can do. Does someone used the interface of the OSBDM dll? Maybe have a programm example for me? I hope someone can help me. Thanks a lot!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear San,

The OSBDM does not actually do the Flash programming!

The method used by codewarrior is to use the OSBDM interface to download a small program to the target RAM.  The data to program is also downloaded a small block at a time to a buffer in the RAM.  The program is then used to program each block into the flash.

The advantage of this method is that the OSBDM DLL doesn't need to know how to program the myriad different types of targets and doesn't need to be updated when a new device appears. The hard parts is done by the Codewarrior software.

The write_block function can only write to RAM or (unlikely) registers.

Exception

The code in the OSBDM to handle RS08 is an exception - it does actually do the programming.  This is pretty horrible requiring the OSBDM to be updated for each new RS08 type.  Very poor design choice but may have been necessary due to the very small amount of RAM available in the original RS08s.

bye

Message Edited by pgo on 2009-06-11 12:47 PM
0 Kudos

San___
Contributor I

Hi pgo,

thank you for your answer. But these are very bad news for me. So i have no chance to write into the flash with OSBDM...

0 Kudos