AnsweredAssumed Answered

USB Locking when hiwave.exe is trying to program.

Question asked by John Dammeyer on Jun 8, 2009
Latest reply on Jun 10, 2009 by Tom Thompson

This has been an ongoing issue for me and now has reached the breaking point.  When I use F5 to DEBUG the program the debugger screen opens up, the status screen shows that it's trying to download to the target Softec HCS12X Starter Kit and then it hangs.  At that point I can't close it.  Eventually it reports that Hiwave.exe has had an error.  Even from WIN-XP SP2 Task Manager I can't terminate Hiwave.exe.

The only solution is to unplug the USB cable from USB 2.0 port.  Then the debugger closes and I can start all over again.  It's really random.  I might have to try 3 or 4 times in order to get this to work.

Now the reason this is such a problem is I have an application running and we upgrade the 9S12 code via Remote Desktop.  The system is in a locked cabinet and unplugging the USB cable to unfreeze the system isn't really an option.  Fortunately we can reboot the PC which also solves the problem but I really can't work that way.  Since it does the same locking up problem here on my workstation it's seems to be endemic to the debugger and USB interface.

The debugger is version 02.00.22

Any suggestions?

Thanks

John

Outcomes