CW 4.7 and 6.2.
What is the correct way to rename a current project,
to make sure all files and folders are also renamed properly.
I believe I need to do a "Save Project As" but cannot find anything that seems to do this.
To rename a project and have it work, do the following:
1) Make a copy of your project folder (in case things go wrong, you can go back to original).
2) Change the copy's folder (the one holding the project files, especially the .mcp file) to the new project name.
3) Change the name of the .mcp file to the new project name.
4) Delete the folder OldProjectName_Data.
5) Open the newly named .mcp file with the CodeWarrior IDE.
6) Choose Project > Reset Project Entry Paths.
7) Choose Project > Re-search for Files. (These last two commands force the IDE to look for your source and other files by searching for them, and therefore will pick up the new directory path names.
You should be able to rebuild and use your project. Sorry, there is not a way to rename all of the source files automatically.
for a fine and detailed description of the renaming procedure.
Retrieving data ...