Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Coldfire and Codewarrior

Jump to solution
hpi_2
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm new to Coldfire and recently accuired a M52259DEMO dev board. 

Coming from a MICROCHIP 8-bit background, where can I start? I did following the GETTING STARTED pdf that came with the  M52259DEMO dev board. Its nice to see an application, but where can I start learning the environment? How do I setup register?

For example, the Coldfire comes with the MQX RTOS, how does one use the micro without the MQX...like only flashing a led?

If you can suggest any tutorials, books etc ?

Thanks,

Eben 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Nouchi
Senior Contributor II

Hello Eben,

First, welcome to the 32 bits world!!!

You can fin all you need on Freescale web site, but I suggest you some link like :

- The MCF5225x Reference Manual

- The Data Sheet

For The MQX RTOS, you can find documentation in "C:\Program Files\Freescale\Freescale MQX 3.1\doc" folder.

Useful informations about CodeWarrior are here : "C:\Program Files\Freescale\CodeWarrior for ColdFire V7.1\Help\PDF"

I recommend MSL_C_Reference.pdf, Targeting_ColdFire.pdf, and the excellent ColdFire_Build_Tools_Reference.pdf (especially chapter 19 about runtime libraries)

Emmanuel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Nouchi
Senior Contributor II

Hello Eben,

First, welcome to the 32 bits world!!!

You can fin all you need on Freescale web site, but I suggest you some link like :

- The MCF5225x Reference Manual

- The Data Sheet

For The MQX RTOS, you can find documentation in "C:\Program Files\Freescale\Freescale MQX 3.1\doc" folder.

Useful informations about CodeWarrior are here : "C:\Program Files\Freescale\CodeWarrior for ColdFire V7.1\Help\PDF"

I recommend MSL_C_Reference.pdf, Targeting_ColdFire.pdf, and the excellent ColdFire_Build_Tools_Reference.pdf (especially chapter 19 about runtime libraries)

Emmanuel

0 Kudos
hpi_2
Contributor I

Hi Emmanuel,

Thanks for the suggestions. I will certainly study the mentioned documents.

Thanks! :smileywink:

0 Kudos