portmap / rpcbind service

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

portmap / rpcbind service

Tanj_f
Contributor I

I am using what I believe to be the latest LTIB.  (m53xxevb-20081215-ltib.iso) on an MCF5329EVB.  In packages.lkc, the portmap package depends on CAP_HAS_MMU, so isn't available.  Does anyone know how to get an RPC server (usually just portmap or rpcbind) up and running on the coldfire?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Tanj_f
Contributor I

I still haven't found an out of the box solution, but I did notice the only issue with the portmap package itself is the fork() call.  It is possible to simply remove the fork() from the code, and run portmap with portmap & instead.

The issue is portmap links with tcp_wrappers (libwrap) which I can't seem to get to link.  After I patch out the fork() in shell_cmd.c (which will break it, but I don't need that wrapper to work), doing a ./ltib -m scbuild -p tcp_wrappers gives:

gcc -o shared/libwrap.so.0.7.6 -shared -Xlinker -soname -Xlinker libwrap.so.0 -lc -lnsl shared/hosts_access.o shared/options.o shared/shell_cmd.o shared/rfc931.o shared/eval.o shared/hosts_ctl.o shared/refuse.o shared/percent_x.o shared/clean_exit.o shared/weak_symbols.o shared/fromhost.o shared/fix_options.o shared/socket.o shared/tli.o shared/workarounds.o shared/update.o shared/misc.o shared/diag.o shared/percent_m.o shared/myvsyslog.o;

/opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.3.45-uclibc-0.9.45/m68k-uclinux/m68k-uclinux/libc/m5329/usr/lib/crt1.o: In function `_start':
(.text+0x1c): undefined reference to `main'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

which seems be telling me everything compiled ok, but the ctrl.o in the toolchain is incompatible.

(BTW the source tree builds fine if I don't cross compile... That is use the Linux hosts native gcc.)

Any ideas? 

I will try to build a more recent toolchain and see what happens.

0 Kudos