Terrible problem with DEMO9S08LC60 eval. board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible problem with DEMO9S08LC60 eval. board

kuler
Contributor I

Hello. I would like to ask anyonefor help, because I'm in a  desperate situation.

I was just creating code for my board and trying to run it from time to time today. But once I ran the Debugger, after showing the small window with connection-type-window there appeared a message saying:

"loading a new application will stop the current one"

I pressed OK and after a while (of doing nothing) another message appeared:

"While in RUN mode, the emulator ca only execute the STOP and RESET commands."

Then nothing happens.

I also tried disconnectiong  and connecting the board, reinstalling the driver, reinstalling code warrior.

Nothing helps me. Trouble is, that I was finishing a project for Monday's handing-in.

Now I am lost. I tried running Virtual Lab from the Freescale's page, but it doesn't work. It shows a window"Loading" and nothing happens.

I'll be really very grateful for any answers.Thank you very much.`

Message Edited by kuler on 2009-05-16 11:03 PM
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

peg
Senior Contributor IV

Hello and fwelcome to the fora, kuler,

With the demoboard attached to the computer, what do you see at Control Panel|System|Hardware|Device Manager|Jungo?

Does the PC make the "dong dong" sound when you plug it in and out?

This demoboard has a built in BDM adapter,  does it? (i.e. has an S12UF32 microcontroller on board)

0 Kudos

kuler
Contributor I

Hello.

No it does not make any 'dong dong' sound. It used to work for whole day properly. I didn't change any software nor hardware configuration.

It has got a bgdm.

Problem seems to be on the board, unfortunately.

0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV

Under device manager?

0 Kudos

kuler
Contributor I
No, it has nothing to do with device manager
0 Kudos

kuler
Contributor I
0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV

Hi,

I missunderstood your original post, I thought this happened once then you got no reposnse on subsequent attempts.

In the screenshot, at the top left  can see the debugger seems to be using the Softec interface. This is wrong, it should be the Multilink one.

What happens if you just do a compile/programme cycle?

0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV

Hi kuler,

Now having had a chance to check, I see that this board is indeed a Softec manufactured device so the Softec interface being selected is probably correct.

Are you only having a problem with the debugger? Can you programme the device?

0 Kudos

kuler
Contributor I

Hello peg.

I don't know any other option to program the device but through the debugger. Am I right ?

This (the error messages) happens any time I want to debug ANY program.

The problem seems to be with the device, because the Full-chip-simulation  (debugging program without connection to the device) work.

0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV

Hi,

Unfortunately I do not have any experience with the Softec interface.

With the P&E one it allows you to run P&E's programming utility in what Codewarrior call Expert Programming Mode. I don't know whether Softec has a similar interface for their hardware.

Have you tried to contact Softec?

Message Edited by peg on 2009-05-17 08:45 PM
0 Kudos

kuler
Contributor I

Hi peg.

Yes I have contacted them but, it's kinda too late anyway. Never mind, I hope the professor understands it :smileyhappy:

Thank you for time dedicated to me.

Good luck

0 Kudos