[i.mx RT1050/60] how to make sure device is in sleep mode while connecting WiFi using wifi_cli sdk example

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[i.mx RT1050/60] how to make sure device is in sleep mode while connecting WiFi using wifi_cli sdk example

yao_feng
Contributor II

Board: evkbimxrt1050 + AW-NM191NF-uSD (NXP 8801 WiFi)

Tool: MCUXpresso IDE SDK example: evkbimxrt1050_wifi_cli

Test purpose:

Customer name: SUNION

It's a customer requirement: when WiFi in sleep mode DTIM=10, measured current shall be lower than 300uA.

Test steps:

1. Running wifi_cli sdk example.

2. connect to WiFi AP(ASUS-AC2900) successfully. (AP setting DTIM period of 10 and a Beacon Period of 100.

3. Want to check sleep current but don't know how to make sure RT is in sleep mode. Is there any command to check or other example sdk?

Please advise. Thanks.

Labels (2)
1 Reply

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Yao, 

There isn't any register that tells you that you are in sleep mode, but as long as you follow the proper procedure you shouldn't have any problems. I recommend you to check application note AN12085, How to use i.MX RT Low Power Feature. Link to the application note. 

Also in the SDK, you will find a project named power_mode_switch_bm. This example project demonstrates how to enter different power modes and how to exit. 

Have a great day,

Victor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct"button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------