Help with MFRC522 RFID-RC522 module

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with MFRC522 RFID-RC522 module

ben_abergel
Contributor I

I have a few questions regarding the RFID-RC522 Module.

1. Does this module have any kind of certifications? i.e. FCC, CE?

2. How do I code the card that is given with the module?

3. Can I change the coding of each card? meaning i can change the ID number of the card?

Please Assist!!

Thanks,

Ben.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I was not able to locate a module of the part you are using in the NXP.com webpage, so by any chance, is the module made by a third party ? if that is the case, you will need to contact the module manufacturer for the questions as there might be some limitations in the SW or hardware that we can't guarantee. 

Sorry for the inconveniences this might cause you.

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

ben_abergel
Contributor I

From what I've seen, this module is called MFRC522.

Please see link attached.

Arduino Playground - MFRC522 

IF not, can you please explain what does MFRC522 stands for?

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello!

The IC that the module contains is an MFRC522, still, the manufacturer of the module is not us directly as we do not have the modules for sale in our web page (the board/shield with antenna and passive elements). When you mention about an FCC certification it need to take into account the complete board, not only the IC, to know about the certification of the module you will need to check with the module manufacturer.

Depending on the manufacturer of the module, it will depend on which cards /tags the kit comes with, it can be some MIFARE, NTAGs, etc.

Still the UID is an unique identifier, usually the UID is not available for the user to be modified. These bytes are programmed and write protected during production, you will neet to guarantee that the tags are original.

Hope this helps,

Regards ,

Estephania

0 Kudos