cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mXRT1064 BOR Behaviour

chris_evans
Contributor III

Hello,

I am investigating brownout behaviour for the i.mXRT1064. Previous devices from other manufacturers have had brownout protection circuits that prevent the processor from running when brownout is detected. The i.mXRT1064 manual appears to describe at least three brownout mechanism, all of which contains the following text:

A programmable brownout detector is included in theregulator which can be used by the system to determine when the load capability of theregulator is being exceeded, so the necessary steps can be taken.

Does this essentially mean that the device has no automatic methods to defend against brownout? Do we have to programatically handle this using the supplied interrupt?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Christopher,

You are correct. The LDO brownout feature is simply a notification feature that allows the processor to know that an out of specification condition is occurring.

Have a great day,

Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored. Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

0 Kudos