cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android bootloader flashing bricking the device

ekrem_sahin
Contributor I

Hello,

I am using android_p9.0.0_1.0.2-auto-beta release and have an issue while flashing the android u-boot image to bootloader partition on my imx8qm-mek device into emmc. I successfully created partitions with partition table image and can burn whole images(system,vendor etc) into emmc except for bootloader by using android fastboot. When I try to burn bootloader image from my android build, my device becomes brick.

I have a flash.bin previously created that is based on yocto release "U-Boot 2018.03 imx_v2018.03_4.14.78_1.0.0_ga+g654088c" which only works fine for me and I recover the device with using uuu tool on linux pc with that flash.bin.

Is there any idea what might be the reason of bricking the device when flashing the bootloader partition with android bootloader and how can I debug the issue since there is no debug traces seen on uart when device bricked?

Also, Is it possible to use flash.bin based on 4.14.78 yocto release and make some environment changes from u-boot to have a successful boot-up of device with android images ?

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Reply

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Have you tried using any of our tools to flash your images, be it UUU or the fastboot_imx_flashall script?

Could you share the commands you had used to flash your images using Fastboot utility?

Regarding your flash.bin, It may be better to try with prebuilt android image from our website for this purpose:

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/embedded-software/software-technology-for-android-auto:ANDROID-A...

BR,

Aldo.

0 Kudos