Updated Debug Mailbox commands for LPC55S69

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated Debug Mailbox commands for LPC55S69

laura1
Contributor I

I'm using the LPC55S69-EVK. I'm looking at using the Debug Mailbox commands but the ones as documented in Table 1058 in section 51.5.7 don't seem to work. Specifically, I'm interested in the bulk erase option. I saw a reference in https://community.nxp.com/message/1270158?commentID=1270158#comment-1270916  that the manual was incorrect. Can someone give a full listing of the mailbox commands so I can cross check my code?

What I've observed

Command 0x1 (start): RETURN reads 0x0

Command 0x2 (bulk erase): RETURN reads 0x100002

Command 0x3 (Reserved): RETURN reads 0x100002

Command 0x4 (end) issued after 0x1: RETURN reads 0x0

Command 0x5 (ISP mode): RETURN reads 0x0

Command 0x7 (start debug): Hangs forever (looks like WAIT from the DAP). I'm aware of the errata for 0A vs 1B silicon but I still see hangs even with the suggested workaround and waiting upto 5 seconds.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Laura, 

Currently, I am investigating the issues you are reporting.

Could you help me to have more certain on the following?

1. You board has rev0A or rev 1B sillicon of LPC55S69?
  2. The script/code you are writing to perform  DM-AP bulk erase, and start debug  commands.  (in the case you have the script saved,  or if is based on UM11126 section 51.6.1 Debug session with uninitialized/invalid flash image or ISP mode   or Errata sheet LPC55S6x section 3.6 ROM.6: ROM fails to respond to debug session request on version 0A parts)
  3. Further details regarding your application.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,Diego.

0 Kudos

laura1
Contributor I

Hi,

1) The report I gave was on rev 0A silicon. I verified that on rev 1B silicon the 0x3 command _does_ work for erasing the flash.

2) The scripting I'm using is based off of both the manual and the errata sheet. This includes the extra wait described in errata (I wait a full 5 seconds)

3) I'm looking at the debug mailbox for error recovery and also possibly debugging. Right now I'm just verifying what the capabilities of the debug mailbox are.

0 Kudos

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Laura,

Thank you for your reply.

Below are my comments using LPC55s69-EVB revision 2, with LPC55s69 rev 0A and J-link commander.

1. I was not able to erase the flash, using command 0x02 Bulk erase.

The 0x03 does not works for rev 0A,

I have already made a report on this.

1. Suggested workaround on the errata sheet for initiating a debug session, (command 0x07) was not successful on my rev0A sillicon.

I have already made a report on this.

Just to confirm, did the workaround failed also on your LPC55s69 rev 1B?

Regards,

Diego

0 Kudos

laura1
Contributor I

The workaround _does_ work on the 1B and I see the correct sequence in the manual.

0 Kudos

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thank you for your confirmation, Laura!

0 Kudos

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @laura1 , 

Summarizing all the post.

1 We disregard the use of the rev 0A of the LPC55S69 to the costumers, since we have made important fixes on the rev 1B.

2 DM-AP command 0x03 is for mass erase. So UM is incorrect, actually 0x02 is reserved. We have raised this issue to UM owner, it will be corrected on future revisions. Thank you for pointing out this!

Yours,

Diego.

0 Kudos