Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple debug on one PC

Jump to solution
Deepak1
Contributor IV

Hi,

I am using IDE S32 Design Studio power architecture V2.1 on MS-Windows 10 OS and DEVKIT MPC5748G development board for debugging. 

I want to debug two DEVKIT MPC5748G at the same time on one PC (Using two USB ports) will it be possible?

In case if it is not possible then will it work on two OS e.g. MS-Windows 10 and Linux if my PC has both OS?

I tried with MS-Windows 10 but when I try to debug 2nd board then first board is terminating debugging.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Deepak,

It is possible to run two instances of S32 Design Studio under Window environment.

The limitation is you cannot open the same workspace twice. Therefore for the second instance of S32DS must open a different workspace with project you want to works with.

If you intend to debug both project at the same time you should also adjust GDB server ports + select a different P&E Interface instance.

e.g. one instance uses default GDBMI + Server port and the second instance uses 6324, 7324 ports (if these are not use by another program)

pastedImage_1.png 

Hope it helps.

Stan

View solution in original post

1 Reply
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Deepak,

It is possible to run two instances of S32 Design Studio under Window environment.

The limitation is you cannot open the same workspace twice. Therefore for the second instance of S32DS must open a different workspace with project you want to works with.

If you intend to debug both project at the same time you should also adjust GDB server ports + select a different P&E Interface instance.

e.g. one instance uses default GDBMI + Server port and the second instance uses 6324, 7324 ports (if these are not use by another program)

pastedImage_1.png 

Hope it helps.

Stan