Why protected flash region is allocated at Non-secure on LPC55s69?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why protected flash region is allocated at Non-secure on LPC55s69?

sherry_zhang2
Contributor I

May I know why the protected flash region is allocated at address 0x0009_FC70 onwards on LPC55S69. This is a Non-secure address according to the memory map overview. I wonder how this Non-secure region is protected?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

bressan
Contributor III

Hi,

how can I erase the CFPA and CMPA areas with ROM APIs? Just writing zeros didn't work for CMPA. For CFPA I think the version-counter must be increased, setting all other bytes 0, I had still values !=0 in SHA region.

How do I erase CMPA?

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Sherry,

Hope you are doing well.

LPC55Sxx contains configuration for the boot ROM in flash region which is protected. This protected region contains settings of boot configuration, security policy, PRINCE settings and so on.

Could you please confirm where you see that the PRF is from 0x0009_FC70 onwards? Maybe you are referring only to the UUID.

The PFR region is as below:

pastedImage_2.png

A mass erase will not erase this protected area, you need to access to it  by using ROM APIs.

Best Regards,

Sabina

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

0 Kudos