cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset and Reboot are not working in my custom imx7 board

javerv
Contributor I

Good day!

I am working on a custom imx7d board and I'm currently encountering an issue on reset (in uboot) and reboot (in the filesystem). My unit hangs after the said commands.

Is there any factor preventing my unit to reboot/reset?

Are there any pins that can affect this?

below are the logs while executing all above-mentioned command,

Hope you can give your help and suggestions

Reset in Uboot
=> reset                                                                        
resetting ...

the board will hang after this

Reboot in Filesystem

# reboot                                                     

The system is going down for reboot NOW! (ttymxc0) (Wed Aug  5 07:33:18 2020)   
INIT: Sending processes the TERM signal                                         
root@wibutlerPRO2:~# Stopping OpenBSD Secure Shell server: sshdstopped /usr/sbi)
.                                                                               
Stopping system message bus: dbus.                                              
Stopping DHCP server: dhcpd3no /usr/sbin/dhcpd found; none killed               
.                                                                               
Stopping syslogd/klogd: stopped syslogd (pid 387)                               
stopped klogd (pid 390)                                                         
done                                                                            
Stopping random number generator daemon.                                        
Deconfiguring network interfaces... done.                                       
Sending all processes the TERM signal...                                        
logout                                                                          
Sending all processes the KILL signal...                                        
Unmounting remote filesystems...                                                
Deactivating swap...                                                            
Unmounting local filesystems...                                                 
EXT4-fs (mmcblk2p2): re-mounted. Opts: data=ordered                             
Rebooting... ci_hdrc ci_hdrc.1: remove, state 4                                 
usb usb1: USB disconnect, device number 1                                       
ci_hdrc ci_hdrc.1: USB bus 1 deregistered                                       
reboot: Restarting system

the board will hang after this

Thanks,

Javer

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

javerv 

Hello,

It is highly recommended to remove power (voltage source) to all components on
the board in the event of a processor reset. This avoids problems with proper state of
components, critical for rebooting the processor - if  they are in the necessary state to

support  a reboot. So, the total POR may be recommended for reboot (via WDOG),

which in its turn asserts system POR via PMIC.

Look at the  circuit on the reference design. 

pastedImage_1.png

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos