M54455EVB Coldfire development kit - can't find much information

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M54455EVB Coldfire development kit - can't find much information

MountRitter
Contributor I

I'm starting to play with a MCF5445x development kit, in order to get familiar with the V4 Coldfire parts. This box comes loaded up with an embedded Linux that you can start from a terminal hooked to one of the serial ports, and through one of the ethernet ports you can run a small web server.

Digging through the information that came with the kit, on the Freescale web pages, and on this forum I 'm not really finding much information. There are a few application notes that pretty much deal with specific hardware issues with the kit, but I can't find any code examples or tutorials. I have the kit up and running, and in Codewarrior can "see the hardware" via the built in USB multilink.

Is there some place that I've missed that has the source code for what is running in the box, or some example code, so that I can modify or enhance the native code using the delivered Codewarrior? For a moment I thought that the intent of the kit was just for embedded Linux development, but then I asked myself, "if that was the case, why deliver Codewarrior with it?" Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance. Regards, Allan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

nestor_pb
Contributor I

Hi, I don't know if you could find the information that you request. I have the same problem, I can't find useful information about ColdFire V4 MCF5445. I hope that anybody can help me to find information about how to use well the plattform. Also I don't know if I can work with a Linux distribution as Ubuntu or other ones. Please I need help.

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Guys,

The FSLMQX RTOS supports MCF54455 (and EVB specifically) if you want to use CodeWarrior on PC.

You can download and get info at http://www.freescale.com/mqx .

Always install CodeWarrior first.....then FSLMQX.

As FYI...CodeWarrior will build a simple "Hello World" project for the M54455EVB and can be a good starting point for your application.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos