LPC546XX freeRTOS network driver integration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC546XX freeRTOS network driver integration

raj2
Contributor I

It looks like there is no network driver for freeRTOS available for the LPC546XX. Is that correct? Is there one for another similar MCU that we can use to build one for this MCU? 

Has anyone been able to get networking fully up and running on the LPC546XX using freeRTOS? We need HTTPS, DNS, etc. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Raj,

I do not know if you know the LWIP, the LWIP is third party Ethernet stack, we have ported it to the LPC546xx family. It support UDP, TCP protocol.

Pls refer to the application note about the LWIP.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/nxp/application-notes/AN12149.pdf 

AS the example I listed in last Email, the LWIP has implemented the HTTP server function, the LWIP provides the UDP interface,  you can implement the DNS based on UDP interface.

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Raj,

This is the UM to import the LWIP stack.

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Raj,

As you know that there is SDK package for the LPC546xx family, you can download SDK package from the link:

MCUXpresso SDK | Software Development for Kinetis, LPC, and i.MX MCUs | NXP 

In the SDK package, we have ported the FreeRTOS and LWIP for Ethernet stack, we have example for the LWIP example based on FreeRTOS or BM(Bare Metal). .

Regarding the Http server, as the following fig which demos the LWIP examples. there is http server example. I suppose that we have not the DNS example which can convert the web name to the IP address.

Hope it can help you

BR

Xiangjun Rong

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos

raj2
Contributor I

Thanks for replying Xiangjun. 

What we are looking for is more specifically is an interface file that we can use to connect the network driver from NXP with FreeRTOS. Something that sets up the dma channels, ring buffers, interrupt handlers, etc. and configures FreeRTOS to use these correctly. Is this available?

0 Kudos

raj2
Contributor I

Additionally, we are looking for the port of the network driver for amazon freertos+tcp, not the lwip port. 

0 Kudos