NTAG 5 Boost from NTAG5 demo kit instrustions

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTAG 5 Boost from NTAG5 demo kit instrustions

uladzislau_pyan
Contributor I

Are there any instructions on how to use NTAG 5 Boost from demo kit? In the document about demo kit (https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/quick-reference-guide/NTAG5-DEMOKIT-QSG.pdf ) there are instructions on how to use Switch and Link, which I've done and they worked for me. But no clear instructions on how to work with Boost. I've seen that it may work with NXP Cockpit application, but it haven't detected Boost when I connected it to PC.

Please help with any info about working with NTAG5 Boost, maybe there is webinar where it described step-by-step. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find any by myself.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

nxf58474
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi uladzislau_pyanou@epam.com,

Hope you are doing well. The NTAG 5 boost demo board is a tool to demonstrate Active Load Modulation (ALM) feature. You can use your mobile phone to compare the operating performance when chip is using active modulation (powered through battery or USB) and when is working in passive mode (not powered).

The NTAG 5 I2C Cockpit application is a GUI application connected to NTAG 5 I2C interface via USB-I2C bridge (the reference implementation is based on LPC11U37H). For more information related, see the NTAG 5 I2C Cockpit application User Manual.

Best Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos

uladzislau_pyan
Contributor I

Hi Ricardo,

Thank you for your reply!

So, to use NTAG 5 Boost, I can just read/write it with TagInfo and TagWriter applications with or without power?

There is no other things that I will be able to do with this board?

Thanks,

Ulad

0 Kudos

nxf58474
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi uladzislau_pyanou@epam.com,

That kit is primarily intended to demonstrate the quick and easy functionality of NTAG 5 products.

• The NTAG 5 Switch demo board demonstrate GPIO and PWM features (LED and Button).
  • The NTAG 5 Link demo board demonstrate the I2C interface features (Accelerometer and External Memory).
  • The NTAG 5 Boost demo board demonstrates the ALM feature.

If you are interested in a development board, please see the OM2NTx5332: NTAG® 5 development kits.

Best Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos