Is it possible to use the interrupt line as a wakeup signal from suspend on i.MX8QXP ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use the interrupt line as a wakeup signal from suspend on i.MX8QXP ?

Jump to solution
mamorukanou
Contributor IV

Hi,

We are developing a system board that connects a gyroscope to the i.MX8QXP.

This board is running Linux (L4.14.98_2.0.0) and will go into suspend mode if idle time lasts for some time.

After that, it wakeup when the interrupt signal of the gyroscope changes.

That is, the interrupt signal and the WAKEUP signal from the suspend function as the same pin.

Specifically, it uses GPIO1_15 pin.

Q)

According to our experiment, WAKEUP does not occur even if a Gyro interrupt signal is input during suspend state,

but there is no problem if used only for GPIO_WAKEUP, not as an interrupt.

In My understanding, GPIO_WAKEUP can be supported as the Wakeup signal from Suspend.

Is it possible to use this GPIO as a normal interrupt line at the same time?

pastedImage_4.png

I referred to the following URL.

How to add iMX8QXP PAD(GPIO) Wakeup 

Best Regards,

Kanou

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kanou

>In My understanding, GPIO_WAKEUP can be supported as the Wakeup signal from Suspend.

>Is it possible to use this GPIO as a normal interrupt line at the same time?

yes this GPIO can be used as a normal interrupt too, wake-up mask will not affect the functionality

of GPIO in normal operation. More details can be found in documentation included in

SCFW Porting Kit

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kanou

>In My understanding, GPIO_WAKEUP can be supported as the Wakeup signal from Suspend.

>Is it possible to use this GPIO as a normal interrupt line at the same time?

yes this GPIO can be used as a normal interrupt too, wake-up mask will not affect the functionality

of GPIO in normal operation. More details can be found in documentation included in

SCFW Porting Kit

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos