I have a FRDM KW36 and I'm not able to debug.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a FRDM KW36 and I'm not able to debug.

stefanfettt
Contributor II

I receive from some colleagues a FRDM KW36 developement board and I am not able to debug it. The MCUExpresso is not able to find my target. In the device manager, windows 10 is displaying my device as Usb Serial port.  I don't know why i'm not able to reflash it, I don't know if it is in low power, but I tried to keep pressed SW3 button while flash.

I have J35 on 1-2 and no other jumper connected.  I have the led1 on with RED color and led2 green. 

I the attachement I uploaded a document with steps I made.

mcuxpresso 11.1

5 Replies

myke_predko
Senior Contributor III

Hi stefan,

Have you loaded the latest version of OpenSDA into the board?  

It looks like you should have version 2.2 loaded into it: OPENSDA: OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter

Good luck,

myke

stefanfettt
Contributor II

Hello Myke, thank you for your quick response. I downloaded the latest SDA and i have two files :

- frdm-kw36_OpenSDA_bootloader.bin

- frdm-kw36_OpenSDA.bin

I started the board keeping pressed the reset button, with j5 connected on 1-2.

I try to copy -paste the both files ( i try each files when I see is no change). 

When I reconnect is the same story, the red light is on and the board is not discoverable.

What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos

myke_predko
Senior Contributor III

Hey Stefan,

When you plug in the Freedom board, what is it labeled in Windows 10?  Are you able to get it to come up with "BOOTLOADER" in File Explorer?  

I'm not 100% sure with the FRDM KW36 but the others I've worked with need to have the reset button pressed when you plug in the USB cable.  When it's ready to be updated, you get "BOOTLOADER" or "MAINTENANCE".  

myke

stefanfettt
Contributor II

Hello Myke!

It comes as "DAPLINKBOOT" in file explorer. At this step which .bin should I copy in the "DAPLINKBOOT" driver? frdm-kw36_OpenSDA.bin or frdm-kw36_OpenSDAbootloader.bin

Also what should be the position of J5?

0 Kudos

myke_predko
Senior Contributor III

Hey Stefan,

J5 should be in position 1-2 (Not bypassing the reset button) and try "frdm-kw36_OpenSDA.bin" only.  

myke

0 Kudos