I am going to attempt to make a computerized chess board that uses NFC tags in the pieces and readers in the board to locate the pieces. My problem is that I cannot find NFC readers small enough to put into the squares if the chess board. Can anyone sugge

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am going to attempt to make a computerized chess board that uses NFC tags in the pieces and readers in the board to locate the pieces. My problem is that I cannot find NFC readers small enough to put into the squares if the chess board. Can anyone sugge

Jump to solution
carlucci987
Contributor I

So I wanted to put individual readers into the squares on the chess board but I cannot find any simple, small NFC readers that I can use in this situation. I also want to plug them into a pi for the computations, but I am open to other suggestions.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi David,

What is the size requirement? We have PN736x family which offers an all in one solution, with features such as NFC, microcontroller, and software in a single chip. please kindly refer to https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/PN736XDS.pdf  for details.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi David,

What is the size requirement? We have PN736x family which offers an all in one solution, with features such as NFC, microcontroller, and software in a single chip. please kindly refer to https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/PN736XDS.pdf  for details.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.