Can I debug my hardware with S32k116 EVB?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I debug my hardware with S32k116 EVB?

Jump to solution
mrunal_a
Contributor I

Hi,

I wanted to know if I can debug my own hardware having S32K116 MCU, using S32K116 EVB debugger? It has a exposed connector which I am thinking to connect with my hardware. So is this possible? Or I will have to purchase different debugger?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi mrunal.a,

Yes You are right. There should be a jumper to select MCU of EVB or external hardware to be debugged. 
But there is no such design on this board.

OpenSDA is designed to reside primarily on evaluation boards. 
I am not sure if you can use it debug your custom hardware. You may need to consult it with PEMicro.(notice the term of use)

On final customer's boards, they recommend to rely on commercial versions of our Multilink interfaces for debugging and programming via a standard JTAG/SWD 10 or 20 pin header. 

http://www.pemicro.com/multilink/

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi mrunal.a,

Yes You are right. There should be a jumper to select MCU of EVB or external hardware to be debugged. 
But there is no such design on this board.

OpenSDA is designed to reside primarily on evaluation boards. 
I am not sure if you can use it debug your custom hardware. You may need to consult it with PEMicro.(notice the term of use)

On final customer's boards, they recommend to rely on commercial versions of our Multilink interfaces for debugging and programming via a standard JTAG/SWD 10 or 20 pin header. 

http://www.pemicro.com/multilink/

Best Regards,

Robin

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos