cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB3.0 device mode speed in IMX8X

rosmi745
Contributor I

Hi,
  We are working with IMX8X based device , where the device will act as a webcam and using the USB3.0 port. The device is now getting detected as a  super speed uvc gadget device. We have the requirement of streaming 720p video at 30 fps (422Mbps), But now we are able to achieve only 8fps (112 Mbps). There is no additional delay in video capture or processing happen since  we are using a  file source (single frame) and push the frames when we receive the callback.
   What is the maximum supported speed by USB3.0 port of IMX8X in device mode. And How can we improve the  current performance?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ros

what chip revision and bsp used in the case, recommended  latest c0 revision

as described in AN12770

i.MX 8X C0 Migration Guide Migrating from i.MX 8X B0 to i.MX 8X C0

and official nxp linux releases from source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/linux-imx  repository
linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

linux documentation:

Embedded Linux for i.MX Applications Processors | NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

rosmi745
Contributor I

Hi igorpadykov,

We are currently  using the B0 revision chip sets, with linux version - 4.14.98.usb3.png

Which one  would affect in  our case  in getting some  good numbers on B0 usb device mode.

And what is current rough numbers of USB 3.0 iso speed in device mode in revision B0 hardware.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ros

recommended  to use latest c0 revision as described in AN12770

i.MX 8X C0 Migration Guide Migrating from i.MX 8X B0 to i.MX 8X C0

For production only c0 parts should be used, as it is final revision with

production quality.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos