how to build the program that generated by MBD toolbox 3.2.0 in the S32DS 2.1?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to build the program that generated by MBD toolbox 3.2.0 in the S32DS 2.1?

ysj1
Contributor I

Open S32DS for PA and select Import/S32 Design Studio/ProjectInfo.xml Importer,but can not find .cproject,can not build in S32. 

MBD toolbox 3.2.0,S32 Design Studio for Power Architecture.example:flexcan_mpc574xg.mdl

0 Kudos
16 Replies

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello ysj@ysu.edu.cn ,

The toolbox generates a file named ProjectInfo.xml (if you have it enabled from the main configuration block). With this file, you go into S32Design Studio -> Import -> ProjectInfo.xml import -> select the file with this name from the folder generated for your model. After you finish this operation, you should find the project inside the S32Design Studio. There you can build it.

Please let me know if you are having a hard time with this operation.

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos

ysj1
Contributor I

hello Razvan,

yes,I do as you said, inside the S32Design Studio,I cannot build it. 

Please tell me why.

Kind regards,

ysj.

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello ysj@ysu.edu.cn  ,

When you are saying you cannot build it, what do you mean exactly? The build button is grayed-out or it throws an error when building?

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos

ysj1
Contributor I

Yes,the build button is grayed-out.

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello ysj@ysu.edu.cn ,

The button may be grayed-out if you have some paths that contain spaces. Can you share the path to root of the toolbox?

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos

ysj1
Contributor I

hello Constantin Razvan Chivu,

root path of toolbox is C:\Users\ysj\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_MPC57xx.

I copy flexcan_mpc574xg_mbd_rtw to c:\, then import from c:\flexcan_mpc574xg_mbd_rtw, result is same.

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello ysj@ysu.edu.cn,

If you just copy the project elsewhere, the information within ProjectInfo.xml will be the same. You can try to open the desired model, then go from MATLAB into another folder (like C:\examples) and then generate the code. The toolbox will always generate the <model_name>_mbdt_rtw folder where the current MATLAB path (working directory) is located. This might do the trick.

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos

ysj1
Contributor I

I do as you said, , result is same.

My Matlab is 2019b, Code generation\download\run are all normal.

0 Kudos

ysj1
Contributor I

I setup MBD toolbox 3.1.0 again , the flexcan_mpc574xg_mbd_rtwin  can bulid which is imported with ProjectInfo.xml in S32 Design Studio for Power Architecture2.1.

there are six errors:

Ld error: cannot specify -o with -c, -S or -E with multiple files     C/C++ Problem
Ld error: cannot specify -o with -c, -S or -E with multiple files     C/C++ Problem
make: *** [subdir.mk:110: core0_intc_sw_handlers.o] Error 1 flexcan_mpc574xg_mbd_rtw    C/C++ Problem
make: *** [subdir.mk:110: interrupt_vectors.o] Error 1 flexcan_mpc574xg_mbd_rtw    C/C++ Problem
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs.... flexcan_mpc574xg_mbd_rtw    C/C++ Problem

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello ysj@ysu.edu.cn,

That is an issue with the S32Design Studio - the workaround would be to rename all the .S files into .s [from capital S to lowercase s] - e.g.: startup_MPC5748G.S will be renamed to startup_MPC5748G.s

Let me know if you still encounter issues after this workaround.

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

One more question I had ysj@ysu.edu.cn  - how did you get the build button working? Did you reinstall the toolbox to a path with no spaces and tried from there?

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos

ysj1
Contributor I

Hello Constantin Razvan Chivu,

I uninstall MBD 3.2.0,and install MBD 3.1.0,build button can work.

as you say, rename all the .S files into .s.

In building, there is a warning: c:/nxp/s32ds_power_v2.1/s32ds/build_tools/powerpc-eabivle-4_9/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabivle/4.9.4/../../../../powerpc-eabivle/bin/real-ld.exe: warning: cannot find entry symbol _start; defaulting to 01001bd0.

Now, new .elf file is generated, download to EVB, can not run.

I do not know how to modify.

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello ysj@ysu.edu.cn,

If you get that warning, the application will not start correctly, as it's entry point is being reset to some default location, instead of the correct function.

Can you let me know the exact steps you have done to get to this warning?

P.S.: you can install the 3.2.0, there is no need to go to an earlier version.

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos

ysj1
Contributor I

Hello Constantin Razvan Chivu,

In building process, show a warning :warning: cannot find entry symbol _start; defaulting to 01001bd0.

1.png

the possiable reason is that setting position of real-id.exe is wrong.

Buliding program seek from:c:/nxp/s32ds_power_v2.1/s32ds/build_tools/powerpc-eabivle-4_9/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabivle/4.9.4/../../../../powerpc-eabivle/bin/real-ld.exe.

but I do not find it .

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello ysj@ysu.edu.cn ,

Please let me know the exact steps you took to get here - it would be helpful if I knew more details (e.g.: generated the folder in the X path, then imported from S32DS via ProjectInfo.xml, then renamed the files in the Y path, etc).

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos

ysj1
Contributor I

Compare with other prj,can not find .cproject.

0 Kudos