roofs download failed,output "tar:bunzip error -5;tar:short read" error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

roofs download failed,output "tar:bunzip error -5;tar:short read" error

Contributor II

hello

we custom a board according to imx8mq_evk board, but the DDR isn't the same. I modify the DDR configure with mscale_ddr_tool_v310,and then download image files with uuu,when it's downloading the rootfs file,it stops and output the "tar:bunzip error -5;tar:short read" error.I think the rootfs file is wrong,so change other rootfs file,but it still stop there.now i don't know how to find this problem,please give me a hand.thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Wenjie Xu,

The problem seems to be that the tar file with the rootfs is either corrupted or truncated. Have you tried extracting it with tar to see that the file is not the problem? You mentioned trying with other rootfs files, but have you checked that those other files can be extracted successfully?

The short error with tars usually mean that the file is shorter than the header specifies (it could also be a problem with this parameter, so the second thing to check would be this)

Regards,

0 Kudos

Contributor II

I try it,I untar the rootfs in vmware successful,but still download it failed.Now I can mount the emmc partition to pc,I untar the rootfs to the emmc partition(block0p2:rootfs),it has errors.So I first untar the rootfs in linux vmware successful, and then copy the untared rootfs files to the rootfs partition.Last the board run successful.

In the uboot use these command mount the emmc partition.

mount block0p1(Image,.dtb) partition

ums 0 mmc 0:1

mount block0p2(rootfs) partition

ums 0 mmc 0:2

you can read and write the block0p1 partition in pc,but can read and write the block0p2 partition in the linux vmware.

thank you for ask me and best wishes to you!

0 Kudos