Suitability of i.MX processors for the best quality UAC 2.0 receiving

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suitability of i.MX processors for the best quality UAC 2.0 receiving

ATAineri
Contributor III

Hello dear friends! I have a very unobvious sophisticated question about USB audio. Now I have delevoped my own portable hi-end audio and I want to provide for it a USB DAC functions. I know that it is possible with i.MX OTG and Linux standart driver but also I know that there is a lot of things that can have negative influence on audio including unappropriate USB receiver. I know that there is special XMOS chips for UAC 2.0 receiving.

Now I cannot estimate do I really need to complicate my device with addition XMOS chip for the best USB Audio receiving or there will be no difference between i.MX or XMOS in this situation? I'm not really good enough in this area and now I don't know what to do.

Maybe someone here understands this topic a lot better and can explain me what kind of troubles can I encounter on this two ways.

I know that best types of USB audio uses additional FIFO buffer after receiver. How can I simulate this with i.MX processors?

Maybe there are better ways to receive USB audio without loss from PC to my device based on i.MX processor?

In a nutshell help me please with choosing the best strategy to provide the best quality for USB audio receiving on i.MX based devices.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vladislav

from hardware point of view there are no restrictions for UAC 2.0 usage

and linux supports it:

linux/f_uac2.c at master · torvalds/linux · GitHub 

So one can try to test it with nxp official bsps described on

Embedded Linux for i.MX Applications Processors | NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos