cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No prompt after booting android

savargaonkar123
Contributor I

Hey Guys,

I am working on a custom board based on SasberSD. I am trying to boot Android 9 onto it.

Android is booting properly. With screen connected I am able to see the android system running properly, there are no errors in that.

My problem is that when I boot android, in the command line I don't get a prompt. The booting process gets stuck with printing healthd messages after few seconds in a loop. I am not able to enter any command.

Is it related to healthd or something else?

Please help debug this issue. Logs for the same are attached below

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

kunalkotecha1
Senior Contributor II

Hi Himanshu Savargaonkar,

Can you please let us know how do you build the Android Source? Which build variant are you using with lunch command?

Because this can be possible if the build type selected for android is "user". Please try to build with "eng" or "userdebug" build for debugging. Please refer Table-2 Build Types from Android User's Guide

0 Kudos

savargaonkar123
Contributor I

I am following the same pdf attached above. I am using the userdebug mode.

The commands I use for building are bellow:

$ source build/envsetup.sh

$ lunch sabresd_6dq-userdebug

$ make 2>&1 | tee build-log.txt

-Himanshu

0 Kudos

kunalkotecha1
Senior Contributor II

Hi Himanshu Savargaonkar ,

For attaching the logs you can click on "Use advanced editor", after selecting the reply button. There you will find an "Attach" field.

Coming to the issue, you are not getting the login prompt or there are too many logs on your screen? If you are getting a login prompt, then make sure you have validated the serial console TX/RX pins working. Also, make sure that your minicom is configured to get the hardware input.

If you have the OTG support, you can try with ADB on your board to see the console on your PC. Connect OTG cable on USB OTG port. You can check with below commands:

1. sudo adb root
  2. sudo adb restart
  3. adb devices
  4. adb shell

Regards,

Kunal

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

what android 9 version do you use? could you share your log file?

0 Kudos

savargaonkar123
Contributor I

Not sure how to upload log files here, but this question had the same issue as I did. Question

0 Kudos