cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement bit-banding in I.MX RT

Jump to solution
coolxin
Contributor I

The bit band feature is no available internally inside the Cortex-M7 processor. How can I set/reset bit as convenient as bit-banding? 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello ,

Hope you are doing well.

You are correct bit-banding is not supported by Cortex M7 cores. There is not an equivalent of this on Cortex-M7. I would recommend to check the following links as there are some recommendations that may help you.

Unsupported Cortex-M4 features 

Why Cortex-M7 doesn't support bit-banding? - Cortex-M / M-Profile forum - Processors - Arm Community 

Best Regards,

Sabina

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello ,

Hope you are doing well.

You are correct bit-banding is not supported by Cortex M7 cores. There is not an equivalent of this on Cortex-M7. I would recommend to check the following links as there are some recommendations that may help you.

Unsupported Cortex-M4 features 

Why Cortex-M7 doesn't support bit-banding? - Cortex-M / M-Profile forum - Processors - Arm Community 

Best Regards,

Sabina

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!