We want to program the eMMC with our images (Linux, dtb & Root FS) and make the board boot up from SPI-NOR & eMMC combination, but during this process we had below observations and queries.
- Board Revision: SCH-29615 REV B4
- SD card is flashed with our custom binary (with U-Boot 2018.03-imx_v2018.03_4.14.78_1.0.0_ga+g7ade5b407f (Jun 09 2020 - 07:17:26 +0000))
- Able to probe the flash in u-boot and got the below response
- Able to clear the SPI-NOR flash (/dev/mtd0) from Linux userspace using the dd command and able to verify it using the hexdump
- When changed the boot mode switches to boot from eMMC with OFF OFF ON OFF (for SW 801 DIP switches 1 - 4 respectively) we are seeing logs of old version of u-boot (U-Boot 2017.03 (Apr 11 2018 - 10:04:36 +0800)) which probably had come with the board to boot the Android from eMMC. This behavior is same even after clearing the whole of SPI-NOR (/dev/mtd0) & eMMC memories. Not sure from where we are getting the logs of older u-boot as this mode should boot from SPI-NOR which is completely empty.
Got below logs for the older version of u-boot:
Please let me know for any additional information which might help to answer the query.