How to use IMX6 internal SRAM

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use IMX6 internal SRAM

jbhaijy
Contributor III

How to load and run a program directly from i.mx6 internal RAM (SRAM)?

Basically we are planning to have tiny test program which will run in IMX6 internal SRAM to test external memory attached with IMX6 like DDR, eMMC, SPI-NOR, mode pin registers before  access these peripherals.

Is there any way to load & run tiny test program in internal IMX6 SRAM?

Thanks.

Regards,

Yunus 

Labels (1)
5 Replies

jbhaijy
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the reply.

FYI, I am using our own IMX6 based custom design board.

I want to load & run my tiny program(strip down version of SPL) from Linux PC to directly into IMX6 internal RAM(OCRAM) in recovery mode directly. The intention of tiny program is to test the external peripherals connected to IMX6 like DDR, eMMC, NOR etc. before flashing SPL & u-boot into peripheral memory.

As mentioned in the above link(shared by you), can it be possible to load & run my tiny program(strip down version of SPL) directly into IMX6 internal RAM using MFG Tool? if yes, then how we can do that? Do I need to do any configuration?

Appreciate your support.

Regards,

Yunus

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yunus

yes it can be loaded by mfg tool too, use ucl.xml :

<UCL>
  <CFG>
    <STATE name="Recovery" dev="MX6Q"/>
    <DEV name="MX6Q" vid="15A2" pid="0054"/>
    <STATE name="Updater"   dev="Updater" />  
    <DEV name="Updater" vid="066F" pid="37FF" />
  </CFG>
  <LIST name="USB OTG load" desc="Choose USB OTG as media">  
    <CMD type="find" body="Recovery" timeout="180"/>
    <CMD type="load" file="MX6DQ_SDP_LED.bin" address="0x00909000"
        loadSection="OTH" setSection="APP" HasFlashHeader="TRUE" >Loading apps.</CMD>
    <CMD type="jump" > Jumping to apps. </CMD>

<CMD type="push" body="$ echo Load Complete!">Done</CMD>

</LIST>

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

jbhaijy
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the response.

Little confuse about MFG tool & imx_usb_loader.

Can you please elaborate what is the purpose of MFG Tool & imx_usb_loader? In which case we use MFG tool & imx_usb_loader?
If both the tools doing the same work like flashing the binaries from PC to imx6 internal RAM, then which one is better & simpler to use with minimal effort?

My tiny program will be used in factory before flashing SPL, u-boot & Kernel image just to check the external peripherals are in working state. Considering this situation please suggest which tool is better suite.

Thanks again for your support. 

Regards,

Yunus‌

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yunus

one can look at example on

Loading Sample SDK on IMX6 SABRE board 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jbhaijy
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Just to inform you. I am able to load my tiny program directly into OCRAM of imx6 using imx_usb_loader utility.

Thanks for your support. Appreciate your efforts.

Regards,

Yunus