cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexCAN message receive issue

dsytj88
Contributor II

hi

basing FIFO and DMA method, when ECU receives CAN messages(cycle is 10ms), according to the measurement,some message is failed to receive by ECU,I attached the picture.The curve is marked with red color.

since the message transmitted by other ECU is 10ms,and I checked the transmitted message is normal. but after ECU receiving,then transmit it out, the out put curve is not following with the input 100 percent.It seems the ECU didn't receive the message correctly,most of the time message is not received. the CAN channel recevie about 60 messages with different cycles.with FIFO and DMA method, message losing is too heavy and can't accept this.do you any method to optimize this issue?thank you

picture_message_losing.PNG

0 Kudos
2 Replies

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

if modules are properly configured and used, then there should be no issue to read RXFIFO using DMA.

I do no expect message lost, moreover if message comes at 10ms rate.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos

dsytj88
Contributor II

hi Petr

basing SDK functions for FIFO+DMA,I encountered one new probem, when the first time to enter into DMA ISR,

the receive buffer can get the CAN frame, then it can enter into the DMA interrupt function again,but the message ID(recvBuff2.msgId)is alaways 0. what's the possible reasons causing this issue? thank you

Br

david

0 Kudos