AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is the demo_apps/sai example (imxrt1060) two channels?

Question asked by Ed Sutter on Jun 30, 2020
Latest reply on Jul 8, 2020 by Ed Sutter

I'm working with the demo_apps/sai example code.  Specifically the recordplayback.c loop.  This is a nice example to gain better familiarity with eDMA and SAI.  I have a mic/headset plugged into the MIMXRT1060EVK and when I run the application I can tap on the on-board mic and I hear that noise in both headset channels; however, I do not hear anything coming from the headset microphone.

Digging a bit more I found that the initialized wm8960Config structure did not have the leftInputSource member configured (hence it defaults to 0, which is kWM8960_InputClosed).  Based on the schematic it appears that it should be set to kWM8960_InputDifferentialMicInput3, but that didn't make any difference.  

My guess is that this is a correct change, and that something else up the chain (SAI or eDMA) is causing the left/right mapping to get confused (I'm suspicious of this because the on-board mic is heard in both channels).  I want both channels active in both directions so I can then get a better understanding of how SAI/eDMA and the Codec are working together.

Any ideas?

Outcomes