cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K32W CMET

danieltseng
Contributor V

I study JN-AN-1242

The test item of CMET only lists Zigbee mode, so it is only suitable for testing Zigbee, not suitable for testing BLE and Thread ?

We need CMET for BLE and thread. When can CMET add these two options?

pastedImage_1.png

Labels (1)
  • KW

8 Replies

danieltseng
Contributor V

Dear Sebastian:

There is a problem that cannot be solved for the new version of "CMET" or "BLE CTUG" of K32W.
That is how to adjust the frequency deviation ( XTAL Trim )?

We are very distressed now, is there any other solution to solve it?

GenFSK in KW41 has this option to solve Xtal, as shown below:

pastedImage_1.png

Daniel

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel, I hope you're doing well,

About this XTAL Trim question, you will get an answer in your other community post:

K32W Xtal 

Take care, best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

danieltseng
Contributor V

Hi Sebastian,

The good news is that K32W has a tool that supports BLE,

but the disadvantage is that the content does not have many functions like KW41.
I think it will be updated in the future.

Daniel

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel,

This new Bluetooth Low Energy Certification Tool was built specifically for the new QN9090 and K32W MCUs. This is the reason for not being similar to the previous KW41Z implementation for testing.

Still, I hope that the Bluetooth Low Energy Certification Tool is useful for your purposes.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Take care, best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

danieltseng
Contributor V

Hi Sebastian,

Will the next  K32W SDK version support GenFSK's connectivity test , the same tool as KW41Z on BLE or  CMET BLE version ?

Daniel

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel, 

Currently, the K32W and QN9090 MCUs do not support GenFSK, and do not include SDK Examples implementing it either.

There's no specific CMET version for Bluetooth, as the Customer Module Evaluation Tool was designed for testing the ZigBee protocol for this device.

Take care, best regards,

Sebastian

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel,

There's a new Application Note available for the K32W called the K32W041/K32W061/QN9090(T)/QN9030(T) Bluetooth Low Energy Certification Tool, which can configure the device in different test modes using the BLE Stack.

You can find the new K32W041/K32W061/QN9090(T)/QN9030(T) Bluetooth Low Energy Certification Tool in the Documentation page for these devices, as well as a Software Package.

There's also an User Guide which can be helpful to get a better understanding of the firmware and the Application Note Software.

Take care, best regards,

Sebastian

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel, I hope you're doing well!

The JN-AN-1242 Application Note for the K32W is designed as a test mode for IEEE 802.15.4-based communications protocols, like ZigBee.

The CMET is not designed for use with the Bluetooth Stack, instead, there are some SDK Examples included which can help perform tests with this protocol, like the HCI Blackbox in combination with the NXP Test Tool, available to download from this page.

<...\SDK_2.6.0_K32W061DK6\boards\k32w061dk6\wireless_examples\bluetooth\hci_bb>

Information on how to run this SDK example can be found in the following document, included in the SDK's Documentation package:

<…\SDK_2.6.0_K32W061DK6_doc\docs\wireless\Bluetooth\Bluetooth Low Energy Demo Applications User's Guide.pdf>

Take care, best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos