cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to run function parallel in kw36

chintan
Contributor III

Hello,

I am working on project which have functionality of CAN communication, External Flash, BLE communication with KW36 micro-controller.

In this project, I have to communicate with vehicle ECU via CAN bus to get data and store it into external flash memory.

But while I am writing into Flash memory, CAN communication goes stop. It will restart again after completion of Flash memory process.

Kindly help me how can I run both CAN communication and Flash read-write process parallel. So, there should be no interrupt in my CAN communication.

Thank you.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

It is weird that the device stops communicating , but also it will depend on how you are writing to the external flash memory, the speed used, the size of the payload, etc.

You can try using the DMA module but it will also depend on how are you communicating with the flash  and in case you are using something like SPI you will need to make sure that the peripherals are well integrated in the Connectivity framework to let it work correctly.

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

chintan
Contributor III

Hello Estephania,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the late response.

Currently I have developed my code using Bare-metal.

Does I have to convert my code into FreeRTOS to run parallel task of BLE, CAN and Flash?

Kindly suggest.

Thanks you.

0 Kudos