Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current Supply of MIMXRT1064-EVK

Jump to solution
paschaef
Contributor I

Hi,

How much current can the MIMXRT1064-EVK supply over the Arduino Interface 3V3 pin, when the board is powered over the Debug USB port?

Best regards

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Pascal,

Hope you are doing well.

The same concepts apply, if you are only connecting sensors. I was not referring to how much the imxrt is consuming, if not how much it can provide to other devices which will consume current. As mentioned the information can be found in the datasheet. 

pastedImage_1.png

Best Regards,

Sabina

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Pascal,

Hope you are doing well.

The maximum supply currents can be found in section 4.1.5 of the datasheet. Please keep in mind that these values are not guaranteed as there are different factors that can affect these values on a specific application. As stated in the datasheet it represents a use case designed specifically to show the maximum current consumption possible. It does not consider other devices that may be connected and consuming current on the same power rail as well. While running your application, it may be best to measure the current on the pin to make sure it is sufficient to power your Arduino based on their datasheet. In addition, I'd recommend to consider any sensors or actuators that you may plan on connecting to the Arduino or the RT, as this would also consume more current, which the RT may not be able to handle on its own. 

We have an application note that may help you as a reference as how to test different points in different power modes. 

Power Consumption and Measurement 

Best Regards,

Sabina

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
paschaef
Contributor I

Hi Sabina,
Thanks for your response.
Maybe for clarrification: I will not connect an arduino to the GPIO pins, but multiple sensors for a test setup. Therefore, I am not looking for how much power the MX RT1064 is consuming but how much current can be provided to multiple external sensor over the 3V3 GPIO pin. Can you provide any informatin for this?

Best,

Pascal

0 Kudos
Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Pascal,

Hope you are doing well.

The same concepts apply, if you are only connecting sensors. I was not referring to how much the imxrt is consuming, if not how much it can provide to other devices which will consume current. As mentioned the information can be found in the datasheet. 

pastedImage_1.png

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos
paschaef
Contributor I

Hello Sabina,

Great, thanks for your support.

Best regards,

Pascal

0 Kudos