Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX RT1050 NVCC_SD0 operating conditions

Jump to solution
audio
Contributor III

Hello,

I need to control several ICs with i.MX RT 1050 and most of the I/Os are on 3.3V, but I have 3 pins that I have to control using 1.8V.

So rather than level shifting i/MX RT's 3.3V to 1.8V, I was thinking of using the NVCC_SD0 bank (GPIO_SD_B0_00~05) as the 1.8V GPIO controller.

I intuitively think this should work without a problem, but I couldn't find any warnings that I can mix up 3.3V and 1.8V supplies for each GPIO NVCC.

Do I have to match all the voltage levels for all NVCC_XX?

nvcc.PNG

Thank You

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
1 Solution
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Brian, 

As long as you apply voltages that are within the allowed range you won't have any problems if you have one power rail at 3.3 volts and other at 1.8 volts. One important thing to keep in mind is that if you apply 1.8 volts to one power rail, then all the pins that work with that power rail will work at this voltage. 

Have a great day,

Victor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct"button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Brian, 

As long as you apply voltages that are within the allowed range you won't have any problems if you have one power rail at 3.3 volts and other at 1.8 volts. One important thing to keep in mind is that if you apply 1.8 volts to one power rail, then all the pins that work with that power rail will work at this voltage. 

Have a great day,

Victor

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct"button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

audio
Contributor III

Hi Victor,

I have a followup question. If I don't plan to use the GPIOs in the NVCC_SD0 group, do I still need to power the NVCC_SD0 pin?

I saw that I have to supply the VDDA_ADC_3P3 even if I don't use the ADCs, but I haven't seen this kind of caution on the NVCC_SD0 pin in the data sheet.

Is there any information on this in the datasheet?

Regards

Brian

0 Kudos
audio
Contributor III

Hi Victor,

Thanks for the information. I will make sure all the pins use the same voltage.

Best regards

Brian

0 Kudos