cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design files for the MCIMX8QM-CPU

alimoradi_sst
Contributor II

Hi

I would very much appreciate it if you could send me the design files for the MCIMX8QM-CPU

Eval kit as well. Schematic and layout if you could.

Best regards

Ali

0 Kudos
9 Replies

JK_Cha
Contributor IV

Hi

Could anyone of you able to upload BOM spreadsheet which contains manufacturer and full part number?

I have no CAD tool here. Only able to open PDF and office file extentions.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Ansh
Contributor I

Greetings

I was looking at MCIMX8QM-CPU MEK design files. I had few queries regarding the design files.

1. What is the difference in C5 and C7 versions of the schematics? Any major changes?
2. Can I get more information on the BOM file? The existing information on the BOM does not provide information on part number and supplier.
3. The PCB design file is in ODB format. My request is can I get the actual PCB design files.

Any information on this will be helpful

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ali,

The Design Files available on the i.MX8QM MEK’s webpage (link below) are the Schematic of the CPU board and the Layout for the same, albeit both in PDF format. I’ll check with the web teams as the allegro files are usually available.

https://www.nxp.com/design/development-boards/i-mx-evaluation-and-development-boards/i-mx-8quadmax-m...

Would you please open a support ticket asking for the schematic and layout on the Allegro format? My apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

alimoradi_sst
Contributor II

Hello gusarambula‌ 

Thanks for replay. I saw above link and unfortunately those files in PDF format,if you share PCB and Schematic files it will be very big help to our designers (we and many worldwide people).

Thanks and regards

0 Kudos

peteramond
Contributor V

@alimoradi_sst 

@gusarambula 

Hi. Did you receive the design files(Schematic & Layout) for the MCIMX8QM-CPU which can open in Altium ? I could see they have provided LAY-29420_C1.brd file here but when I import it to Altium it generates so many errors in layout.(Like un wanted traces on layout). So could you please provide me exported file from your design software which can open in Altium. That would be a great help for my custom hardware design.

11.JPG

Thank You,

Peter.

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Peter,

Files are only provided in Allegro format, but I would recommend opening a support ticket to ask for further assistance.

https://www.nxp.com/support/support:SUPPORTHOME

Regards,

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ali,

These files are not yet on the web so I would need to ask you to please open a support ticket asking for the schematic and layout on the Allegro format.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

alimoradi_sst
Contributor II

Hello gusaramula

Thanks for supporting but I don't know how can open support ticket for this? Would you please help me?

Regards

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ali,

Of course, you may open a Ticket on the following link:

Support | NXP 

Please login to your NXP account and then click on the Tickets option. You will then need to use the Create New Case option.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos