Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW with ADS5121 debugging

Jump to solution
grass
Contributor I

Hi All,

My first post here.

I just got ADS512101 board and CW 5.9.0 that came with it.

I set up the board with serial and Ethernet connection. In order to work the Ethernet required some tweaking at the bootloader but after some playing around it worked.

Now I'd like to debug my application via Ethernet connection. Can someone explain how this should be done?

Whenever I try to run my "hello world" app. it says CSSProtocolPlugin: Failed to connect to the probe.

I understand there should be board side component (probe) that should run but I can't find info on the subject.

In the connection settings I selected EPPC  CodeWarrior Ethernet. Where do I configure the IP and port of the debug agent on the board?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ronco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I think the problem here is a misunderstanding of "EPPC CodeWarrior Ethernet" and what it does.  First, I believe the full phrase is "EPPC CodeWarrior Ethernet TAP".  The Ethernet TAP is a piece of hardware, similar to the USB TAP, that provides the physical debug connection to the target board.  If you bring up the www.freescale.com webpage and search on keyword "Ethernet TAP" you'll find more information about it, or refer to the 'CodeWarrior Ethernet TAP Users Guide' in your CodeWarrior's /help folder.

Now for what to do next.  For your Remote Connection option select "CodeWarrior USB TAP" and hook up the USB TAP that came with your ADS5121 Kit.  You will then be able to debug your code on this board.

Finally, there is a way to do what you were trying to do but only for debugging Linux application projects.  Refer to the section on 'Creating a Linux Project' in your copy of "Targeting mobileGT Processors" found in your CodeWarrior's /help folder for details.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ronco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I think the problem here is a misunderstanding of "EPPC CodeWarrior Ethernet" and what it does.  First, I believe the full phrase is "EPPC CodeWarrior Ethernet TAP".  The Ethernet TAP is a piece of hardware, similar to the USB TAP, that provides the physical debug connection to the target board.  If you bring up the www.freescale.com webpage and search on keyword "Ethernet TAP" you'll find more information about it, or refer to the 'CodeWarrior Ethernet TAP Users Guide' in your CodeWarrior's /help folder.

Now for what to do next.  For your Remote Connection option select "CodeWarrior USB TAP" and hook up the USB TAP that came with your ADS5121 Kit.  You will then be able to debug your code on this board.

Finally, there is a way to do what you were trying to do but only for debugging Linux application projects.  Refer to the section on 'Creating a Linux Project' in your copy of "Targeting mobileGT Processors" found in your CodeWarrior's /help folder for details.

0 Kudos
grass
Contributor I

Thanx for a quick reply. I was able to debug a sample application using the TRKdebug agent.

BTW, the USB probe does not come with the kit, probably needs to be purchased separately.

0 Kudos