cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLRC663 IRQ signal

ambroz_jaromir
Contributor I

Hello,

I’ve implemented NFC communication in electronic controlled by PIC16 MCU. MCU communicates with CLRC663 via SPI. I am able to communicate with CLRC663, even with the Mifare classic 1 k, but I am facing problem with IRQ signal which is generated on PIN. I am trying to implement LPCD using timer 3 and 4 in a similar way as in example AN11145 (page 16, 17). According to AN11145 it is better to wait for IRQ signal generated on IRQ pin than poll registers using communication (SPI in my case). But in my case, even though I enable just LPCD_IRQEN and IRQPinEN (IRQ1EN), clear all bits of IRQ0EN and clear all interrupt flags in IRQ0 and IRQ1, CLRC663 generates interrupt on IRQ pin. IRQ0 register is read with 0x20 value - > LoAlertIRQ and IQR1 with value 0x00. Clearing flags or disabling interrupts does not work IRQ is generated periodically. I thought, that IRQ signal should be generated only when GlobalIRQ is in log 1, is that correct? My goal is to get IRQ signal just in the case of LPCD interrupt, is it possible?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

minabf61
Contributor III

Hi 

I have got exactly the same problem! I keep getting interrupts where I actually disabled all interrupts apart from LPCD interrupt. It consume lots of power almost 1.5mA which is alot in my case.

Could you find out what the problem was? 

If so, I really appreciate your help.

Kind regards,

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The application note you are using as a base is quite old, I would recommend you to check the newest version of the application note that you can find in this link.

Also, I was a little confused by the description, you mention you are nos using the recommended approach of waiting for the interrupt and you are making a polling of the registers, is that correct? If that is the case, isn't it waking the device as well ?

I would strongly recommend you to use the reader library examples we have available, for you to use as a base in your development,

Hope this helps.

Regards ,
Estephania

0 Kudos

ambroz_jaromir
Contributor I

Hello,

Thank you

0 Kudos