cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC54S018M flashless ?

Jump to solution
belmontbob59
Contributor IV

We built our first prototype based on LPC54S018M but we can't erase / program the flash. Is flash optional ? i.e. Does NXP release this part flashless?

When we inspect the flash memory via debugger (KEIL) it yields all 0. We ran a program from RAM to retrieve the flash part's JEDEC ID and we get all 0 (instead of manufacturer ID 0xEF / device ID 0x4016).

Does the ISP pins dictate the boot ROM to configure the flash in anyways that would cause this problems ? We wired the pins to boot directly from internal flash: ISP0/ISP1 high, and ISP2 low.

the MCU part ID is : LPC54S018J4 / MET180 / P61G43.00 04 / ESD18501B

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
belmontbob59
Contributor IV

I *think* I may have found the problem; We did not wire N7 and C4 together. From the datasheet:

pastedImage_2.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
belmontbob59
Contributor IV

I *think* I may have found the problem; We did not wire N7 and C4 together. From the datasheet:

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
converse
Senior Contributor V

The LPC54018 is flashless only (no option), and NXPs normal naming convention Is for the ‘S’ parts to be the same, but with some additional security features. So, I would say with 99% certainty the it is flashless.

0 Kudos
belmontbob59
Contributor IV

This is very confusing because my NXP dev board (LPC54S018M-EVK) has a similar ID (below) and the MCU is equipped w/ 4M internal flash. J2/J4 distinguishes between the flash size (from datasheet).

pastedImage_1.png

LPC54S018J4 / MET180 / P61G43.00 04 / ESD18501B

0 Kudos
converse
Senior Contributor V

Ok, I have looked at the data sheet for the J parts. They have on-chip Quad SPI flash, so you are correct. This is a multi wafer chip where the flash is added int the package.

I guess this means you are going to have to enable the correct pins to select the to boot mode. As it says in the data sheet, See the Boot Process chapter in UM11060 for more detail.

sorry for the confusion 

0 Kudos
belmontbob59
Contributor IV

Well, I did. I also tried on my NXP dev board with similar ISP settings and I am able to erase/program flash as well as read JEDEC ID.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos