Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5748G MCU freezes after flashing

kaden
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I am currently trying to work with the SJA1105SMBEVM evaluation board with an MPC5748G and S32 Design Studio for PA v2.1.

SDK I use is SDK PA RTM v3.0.0 with example project phy_autoneg_mpc5748g.

To flash the controller I use a PEMicro debugger.

The problem I experience is the following: Whenever I flash the MPC5748G and hit Resume in the debug window, the microcontroller seems to freeze and the LED at Port A1 lights up, alive LED does not blink. I always have to press the reset button once after flashing the program into the MPC5748G.

It seems to be only the case when using the newer version of S32 Design Studio for PA and the above-mentioned SDK. I tried to flash the MPC5748G with an example project from S32 Design Studio for PA 2018 and SDK RTM v3.0.0 and the problem does not occur.

I'm pleased for any help. If additional information is required I will provide them.

Best regards

Kevin

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Hmm I am curious if you can after loading the code to flash attach to the micro without reset.

The problem I experience is the following: Whenever I flash the MPC5748G and hit Resume in the debug window, the microcontroller seems to freeze and the LED at Port A1 lights up, alive LED does not blink. I always have to press the reset button once after flashing the program into the MPC5748G.

I am not familiar wit PE micro, but every debugger should be able to attach to running code.

Did you tried to load same example using different debug tools to see if it is linked to code or to the tool?

I have tried it with Lauterbach and it is working as expected. After code loading the micro reach main and application is running.

Also my colleague tested it with PE and find no issues. there must be something wrong with configuration on your side.

regards,

Peter

0 Kudos