How to start using 4.1.0 Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K1xx Automotive Microprocessors Family with s32K148?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start using 4.1.0 Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K1xx Automotive Microprocessors Family with s32K148?

ferminzafira
Contributor II
pastedImage_1.png
I have the following problem when compile:
Product: aaa.mot Build product type: executable Building file startup_S32K148.o... "C:\Users\Equipo9\Documents\MATLAB\Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx\tools\gcc-6.3-arm32-eabi/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" -c -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -g -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -x assembler-with-cpp -DSTART_FROM_FLASH -o startup_S32K148.o startup_S32K148.s gmake: *** [startup_S32K148.o] Error 1
### Build procedure for model: 'aaa' aborted due to an error.
Error(s) encountered while building "aaa"
0 Kudos
20 Replies

ferminzafira
Contributor II
can anybody help me?
0 Kudos

paulvlase
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ferminzafira@hotmail.com‌,

Can you go inside the aaa_mbd_rtw folder, run the following command in Matlab Command Window, and post the output here:

!"C:\Users\Equipo9\Documents\MATLAB\Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx\tools\gcc-6.3-arm32-eabi/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" -c -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -g -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -x assembler-with-cpp -DSTART_FROM_FLASH -o startup_S32K148.o startup_S32K148.s

pastedImage_4.png

Regards,

Paul

0 Kudos

ferminzafira
Contributor II

When I runed the command, Matlab retuned:

!"C:\Users\Equipo9\Documents\MATLAB\Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx\tools\gcc-6.3-arm32-eabi\bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" -c -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -g -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -x assembler-with-cpp -DSTART_FROM_FLASH -o startup_S32K148.o startup_S32K148.s

arm-none-eabi-gcc: error: startup_S32K148.s: No such file or directory
arm-none-eabi-gcc: warning: '-x assembler-with-cpp' after last input file has no effect
arm-none-eabi-gcc: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.

0 Kudos

paulvlase
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ferminzafira@hotmail.com‌,

Did you run that command inside aaa_mbd_rtw folder?

Can you post the output of pwd command, before running the command that command?

Regards,

Paul

0 Kudos

ferminzafira
Contributor II

No, I run in "C:\Users\Equipo9\Documents\MATLAB\Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx\tools\gcc-6.3-arm32-eabi\bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" -c -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -g -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -x assembler-with-cpp -DSTART_FROM_FLASH -o startup_S32K148.o startup_S32K148.s"

When I run in "C:\Users\Equipo9\Desktop\NXP\aaa_mbd_rtw" Matlab returns nothing.

pastedImage_1.png

>> pwd

ans =

'C:\Users\Equipo9\Desktop\NXP\aaa_mbd_rtw'

>> !"C:\Users\Equipo9\Documents\MATLAB\Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx\tools\gcc-6.3-arm32-eabi/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" -c -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -g -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -x assembler-with-cpp -DSTART_FROM_FLASH -o startup_S32K148.o startup_S32K148.s
>>

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello ferminzafira@hotmail.com,

Can you try and reinstall the toolbox? Or if you don't want to change your current setup, try and install it on another version of MATLAB (if available).

It's hard to get to the bottom of this issue as I can't replicate it. If I could do that, I could find the root cause. Sorry if it's taking long to figure this out.

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos

ferminzafira
Contributor II

I reinstalled this Matlab version  and the toolbox. The problem continues.

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Can you share with us the generated folder? Just zip it and put it here - this way we can get a better idea of what is happening - paulvlase‌ had a good idea to get the output of that command - following those lines, it would be easier if we could see the entire folder and run things on our end.

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos

ferminzafira
Contributor II
0 Kudos

ferminzafira
Contributor II

I tried to buil the following files and they didn`t buil completely. They the same problem.

"autosar_integrator_PIL"

"autosar_multirunnables_PIL"

"mbdt_autosar_system"

"extmode_s32k1xx"

"ftm_incremental_encoder_s32k1xx"

"sim_pil_target_AMMCLIB_s32k1xx"

"sim_pil_target_BLDC_Commutation_s32k1xx"

"sim_pil_target_BLDC_Commutation_s32k1xx"

"fm_s32k1xx"

I just saw there are three warnings
   Found legacy make variables |>START_MDLREFINC_EXPAND_INCLUDES<|, |>END_MDLREFINC_EXPAND_INCLUDES<|, |>MODELREF_INC_PATH<| in the template makefile C:\Users\Equipo9\Documents\MATLAB\Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx\mbdtbx_s32k\mbd_s32k.tmf. The variables are no longer required. You can remove the variables.

Found legacy make variables |>S_FUNCTIONS<|, |>S_FUNCTIONS_OBJ<| in the template makefile C:\Users\Equipo9\Documents\MATLAB\Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx\mbdtbx_s32k\mbd_s32k.tmf. The variables are no longer required. You can remove the variables.

Found legacy make variables |>SHARED_BIN_DIR<|, |>SHARED_LIB<|, |>SHARED_SRC<|, |>SHARED_SRC_DIR<| in the template makefile C:\Users\Equipo9\Documents\MATLAB\Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx\mbdtbx_s32k\mbd_s32k.tmf. The variables are no longer required. You can remove the variables.

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry for the late reply - it's a very busy period right now so we can't be as responsive as we'd like.

The warnings you see here are not the ones generating your issue (although I'm not sure for the moment what exactly is). Those are just some legacy variables that we still use in the template makefile.

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos

ferminzafira
Contributor II

Hello

I have executed

>>mbd_s32k_path;
   Treating 'C:\Users\Equipo9\Documents\MATLAB\Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx' as MBD Toolbox    installation root.
   MBD Toolbox path prepended.
   Successful.

Now MBDT appear when I execute"ver", but I have the first problem:

Assembler details : "C:\Users\Equipo9\Documents\MATLAB\Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx\tools\gcc-6.3-arm32-eabi/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" -c -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -g -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -x assembler-with-cpp -DSTART_FROM_FLASH -o SetupFiles Product: aaa.mot Build product type: executable Building file startup_S32K148.o... "C:\Users\Equipo9\Documents\MATLAB\Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx\tools\gcc-6.3-arm32-eabi/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" -c -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -g -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -x assembler-with-cpp -DSTART_FROM_FLASH -o startup_S32K148.o startup_S32K148.s gmake: *** [startup_S32K148.o] Error 1
### Build procedure for model: 'aaa' aborted due to an error.
Error(s) encountered while building "aaa"
pastedImage_2.png
0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It's a strange issue you're having - can you successfully build any of our examples?

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Can you share the model you are using with us? This way we can get to the root of your issue quicker.

Kind regards,

Razvan.

ferminzafira
Contributor II

I am using matlab 2019a

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

These 2 models run fine on my end - can you share some more information? I would like to know the output of the following commands (ran in MATLAB terminal), as this seems to be an issue with the setup you have:

ver
mbd_find_s32k_root

Kind regards,

Razvan.

ferminzafira
Contributor II

I have hidden the license number

>> ver

MATLAB Version: 9.6.0.1072779 (R2019a)
MATLAB License Number:##########################################
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0 (Build 18362)
Java Version: Java 1.8.0_181-b13 with Oracle Corporation Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM mixed mode
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MATLAB                                                Version 9.6         (R2019a)       
Simulink                                              Version 9.3         (R2019a)       
AUTOSAR Blockset                                      Version 2.0         (R2019a)       
Control System Toolbox                                Version 10.6        (R2019a)       
Curve Fitting Toolbox                                 Version 3.5.9       (R2019a)       
DO Qualification Kit                                  Version 3.7         (R2019a)       
DSP System Toolbox                                    Version 9.8         (R2019a)       
Embedded Coder                                        Version 7.2         (R2019a)       
Filter Design HDL Coder                               Version 3.1.5       (R2019a)       
Fixed-Point Designer                                  Version 6.3         (R2019a)       
IEC Certification Kit                                 Version 3.13        (R2019a)       
MATLAB Coder                                          Version 4.2         (R2019a)       
MATLAB Compiler                                       Version 7.0.1       (R2019a)       
MATLAB Compiler SDK                                   Version 6.6.1       (R2019a)       
MATLAB Report Generator                               Version 5.6         (R2019a)       
Mixed-Signal Blockset                                 Version 1.0         (R2019a)       
Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K1xx Series         Version 4.1.0       (R2017b-R2019a)
Optimization Toolbox                                  Version 8.3         (R2019a)       
Parallel Computing Toolbox                            Version 7.0         (R2019a)       
Partial Differential Equation Toolbox                 Version 3.2         (R2019a)       
Phased Array System Toolbox                           Version 4.1         (R2019a)       
Robust Control Toolbox                                Version 6.6         (R2019a)       
Signal Processing Toolbox                             Version 8.2         (R2019a)       
SimEvents                                             Version 5.6         (R2019a)       
Simulink Check                                        Version 4.3         (R2019a)       
Simulink Code Inspector                               Version 3.4         (R2019a)       
Simulink Coder                                        Version 9.1         (R2019a)       
Simulink Control Design                               Version 5.3         (R2019a)       
Simulink Coverage                                     Version 4.3         (R2019a)       
Simulink Design Optimization                          Version 3.6         (R2019a)       
Simulink Design Verifier                              Version 4.1         (R2019a)       
Simulink Desktop Real-Time                            Version 5.8         (R2019a)       
Simulink PLC Coder                                    Version 3.0         (R2019a)       
Simulink Real-Time                                    Version 6.10        (R2019a)       
Simulink Report Generator                             Version 5.6         (R2019a)       
Simulink Requirements                                 Version 1.3         (R2019a)       
Simulink Test                                         Version 3.0         (R2019a)       
Spreadsheet Link                                      Version 3.4.1       (R2019a)       
Symbolic Math Toolbox                                 Version 8.3         (R2019a)       
System Identification Toolbox                         Version 9.10        (R2019a)       
Vehicle Network Toolbox                               Version 4.2         (R2019a)       
Wavelet Toolbox                                       Version 5.2         (R2019a)      

>>     mbd_find_s32k_root

ans =

'C:\Users\Equipo9\Documents\MATLAB\Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx'

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello ferminzafira@hotmail.com ,

I was looking in the toolboxes if you had more versions of our toolbox installed - as that can sometimes end up in setup issues; but from what I see, you only have 1 installed. Can you reset the MATLAB paths just to make sure? You can do that by running the following commands in MATLAB terminal:

restoredefaultpath;

mbd_s32k_path;

The first will restore the MATLAB path for the current session to the default ones and the 2nd one will add our toolbox to the newly restored path. This way we can be sure that the paths are correctly installed.

Kind regards,

Razvan.

ferminzafira
Contributor II
Previously, I had installed MATLAB 2017.A along with MBDT and it worked. Then I installed MATLAB 2019 and MBDT, but it did not work. I tried reinstalling MATLAB with all toolboxes and MDBT but it did not work as well. I have executed:
>>restoredefaultpath;
>> mbd_s32k_path;
It returned "Undefined function or variable 'mbd_s32k_path'.
Now MBDT does not appear when I execute"ver", but MBDT appear when I click "Manager Add-on"
>> ver
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MATLAB Version: 9.6.0.1072779 (R2019a)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0 (Build 18362)
Java Version: Java 1.8.0_181-b13 with Oracle Corporation Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM mixed mode
MATLAB                                                Version 9.6         (R2019a)
Simulink                                              Version 9.3         (R2019a)
AUTOSAR Blockset                                      Version 2.0         (R2019a)
Control System Toolbox                                Version 10.6        (R2019a)
Curve Fitting Toolbox                                 Version 3.5.9       (R2019a)
DO Qualification Kit                                  Version 3.7         (R2019a)
DSP System Toolbox                                    Version 9.8         (R2019a)
Embedded Coder                                        Version 7.2         (R2019a)
Filter Design HDL Coder                               Version 3.1.5       (R2019a)
Fixed-Point Designer                                  Version 6.3         (R2019a)
IEC Certification Kit                                 Version 3.13        (R2019a)
MATLAB Coder                                          Version 4.2         (R2019a)
MATLAB Compiler                                       Version 7.0.1       (R2019a)
MATLAB Compiler SDK                                   Version 6.6.1       (R2019a)
MATLAB Report Generator                               Version 5.6         (R2019a)
Mixed-Signal Blockset                                 Version 1.0         (R2019a)
Optimization Toolbox                                  Version 8.3         (R2019a)
Parallel Computing Toolbox                            Version 7.0         (R2019a)
Partial Differential Equation Toolbox                 Version 3.2         (R2019a)
Phased Array System Toolbox                           Version 4.1         (R2019a)
Robust Control Toolbox                                Version 6.6         (R2019a)
Signal Processing Toolbox                             Version 8.2         (R2019a)
SimEvents                                             Version 5.6         (R2019a)
Simulink Check                                        Version 4.3         (R2019a)
Simulink Code Inspector                               Version 3.4         (R2019a)
Simulink Coder                                        Version 9.1         (R2019a)
Simulink Control Design                               Version 5.3         (R2019a)
Simulink Coverage                                     Version 4.3         (R2019a)
Simulink Design Optimization                          Version 3.6         (R2019a)
Simulink Design Verifier                              Version 4.1         (R2019a)
Simulink Desktop Real-Time                            Version 5.8         (R2019a)
Simulink PLC Coder                                    Version 3.0         (R2019a)
Simulink Real-Time                                    Version 6.10        (R2019a)
Simulink Report Generator                             Version 5.6         (R2019a)
Simulink Requirements                                 Version 1.3         (R2019a)
Simulink Test                                         Version 3.0         (R2019a)
Spreadsheet Link                                      Version 3.4.1       (R2019a)
Symbolic Math Toolbox                                 Version 8.3         (R2019a)
System Identification Toolbox                         Version 9.10        (R2019a)
Vehicle Network Toolbox                               Version 4.2         (R2019a)
Wavelet Toolbox                                       Version 5.2         (R2019a)
0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Go to the place where you have installed our toolbox and you'll find this script in the root. You can manually run it, or run it from the terminal (while you are in the root directory of our toolbox).

Kind regards,

Razvan.