Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems using HCS08 with UBS Spyder

San___
Contributor I

Hi at all,

i'm new here, but i have a question.

I want to program a HCS08 microcontroller using a UBS Spyder. I dont want to use the BDM PCB board.

And i want to use the library in the BDSM package, means the open source driver "OpenSourceBDM.dll".

But if i insert the USB Spyder, my own tool doesn't detect this device. The test tool "testlibusb-win.exe" do that. I called the function "opensourcebdm_init", but it already returns zero...What is my mistake?

I also tried the TBDML_distribution_Pack, but same as OSDBM.

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks! 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The USB Spider is from SoftTec, so use the corresponding connection target.

It is not based on  OSDBM or TBDML.

Daniel

0 Kudos

San___
Contributor I
Thats right, it is from SoftTec, but someone from Freescale told me, that the Spyder works with OSDMB. And Codewarrior also works with the Spyder, i verified that.
0 Kudos

San___
Contributor I

Ok, one problem i solved. Now i can use the open function successfully. It was the wrong VID and PID so i modified the OSDBM dll.

Now i have the next problem, i dont get any connection to the HCS08 device, with codewarrior it works...

I tried OSBDM_set_target_type or OSBDM_target_sync, but i get an error.

Message Edited by San... on 2009-05-05 09:36 AM
0 Kudos

nesso
Contributor I

SAN... please may you tell what are the new numbers of VID and PID you have used? MAny thanks.

0 Kudos

San___
Contributor I

Hello Nesso, i used:

#define opensourcebdm_PID 0x0200

#define opensourcebdm_VID 0x1649

Message Edited by San... on 2009-05-06 09:21 AM
0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear San,

I must be missing something here?  Why are you trying to use the OSBDM driver software with USBSPYDER.  I don't believe they are compatible (as indicated earlier in this thread).

Have you tried the Softec HCS08 driver and then selected USBSPYDER in the connection dialogue.  Doesn't this work for your target?

bye

0 Kudos

San___
Contributor I

Dear pgo,

Thanks for your answer.

Yes for sure, with CW and the SoftTec HCS08 driver and selected USBSPYDER it works.

But i need an own tool, i dont want to use CW.

For my tool and OSBDM I select the LibUSB driver and with this driver i get connection the to spyder, but not to the target...

So my question is, why cant the spyder connect to the HCS08 device (using LibUSB), but with CW and softetec lib it works?

0 Kudos