FTM channels with independent period and pulsewidt

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTM channels with independent period and pulsewidt

sambath_kumar_k
Contributor I

I want to execute 4 channels which has independent period and pulsewidth.

Period will be set only during initialization and pulsewidth will be varied in runtime.

eg:

FTM0 chan1 : period = 10ms and pulsewith varying

FTM0 chan2 : period = 20ms and pulsewith varying

FTM0 chan3 : period = 30ms and pulsewith varying

FTM0 chan4 : period = 1000ms and pulsewith varying

How can I attain this functionality in FTM ?

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi kardhik sambath kumar,

The EPWM period is determined by (MOD − CNTIN + 0x0001) and the pulse width (duty cycle) is determined by (CnV − CNTIN).

47.5.7 Edge-Aligned PWM (EPWM) mode.png
But the channels of one FTM module share the same MOD and counter. So the period of these channels are the same.

Figure 47-6. FTM Block Diagram.png

You need to use channels from different FTM modules. S32K146 contains multiple FTM modules.

Table 47-1. FTM instances and features.png

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sambath_kumar_k
Contributor I

Yes, I can do that.

But I have 40 PWM output channels which needs to be operated in independent period and duty cycle. In this case how can I do it in S32k148. I cannot have same period for channels in same FTM.

Thank you,

Kardhik Sambathkumar

Platform Software

Innov & Tech Devel Div

Caterpillar: Confidential Green

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

If you mean that you need 40 PWM with different period and varied pulse width. I am afraid the FTM module can not achieve it. 

0 Kudos

sambath_kumar_k
Contributor I

Yes, I can do that.

But I have 40 PWM output channels which needs to be operated in independent period and duty cycle. In this case how can I do it in S32k148. I cannot have same period for channels in same FTM.  

0 Kudos

sambath_kumar_k
Contributor I

Yes, I can do that.

0 Kudos