cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freescale MQX is a full source code?

Jump to solution
fish_yu
Contributor III

I have downloaded Freescale MQX RTOS from web. And i successfully builded a project in an example dectory of Freescale MQX. My friend told me Freescale MQX is not full source code for M52259DemoKit. Freescale MQX RTOS  provide key prebuilded lib files about MQX. Because the libs of MQX is builded by Freescale Semconductor. So,Every user's project must add the prebuilded lib files by Freescale Semiconductor  in user project to build successfully.

But,Today, Ten minutes ago, i found a introduction about Freescale MQX.It said that The Freescale MQX RTOS is complimentary with Freescale silicon and is licensed with full source code.

It is from http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?code=MQXFAQ

Who could tell me the Freescale MQX RTOS are really Fully Souce code?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EAI
Contributor IV

Yes, the MQX distribution includes all of the source code.

Prebuilt libraries are provided, and all the source required to build these projects is also provided.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
EAI
Contributor IV

Yes, the MQX distribution includes all of the source code.

Prebuilt libraries are provided, and all the source required to build these projects is also provided.

0 Kudos
CarlFST60L
Senior Contributor II

I think I was pretty clear Fish.

All the files for MQX are complete and available with build tools, libraries, source code.

However, MQX does have some missing processor features, some of which are covered in the current release notes. These features include things like certain SPI modes, Flash write routines, hardware flow control on the comm's ports etc. I think you should read the release notes and MQXUG.pdf

0 Kudos
CarlFST60L
Senior Contributor II

AFAIK it is the full source code, there is nothing missing.

What he probably meant is there are features of the processor which MQX does not yet support, for example, flash read/write drivers.

0 Kudos
fish_yu
Contributor III
Your mean the Freescale Mqx Rtos is not a full Source Code?
0 Kudos
fish_yu
Contributor III
Who can tell me ?
0 Kudos