Cannot reset SLN-Alexa-IOT Module

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot reset SLN-Alexa-IOT Module

stark_s
Contributor I

We purchased an SLN-Alexa-IOT module some time ago.   We have been unable to establish a wi-fi connection to the module in spite of being very careful to enter the correct serial number.  We continue to receive a message stating that the password is invalid for the device.  We observed that the status LED is red instead of orange.  From what little documentation is available, unless the LED is orange, the module is not in a mode waiting for a wi-fi connection.  We cannot find any documentation that explains how to reset the module (to the factory defaults) so that it will accept a connection.  We have wasted many hours on this issue and we are ready to go with another vendor for an AVS solution.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

stark_s
Contributor I

In your reply, you suggested that we press the reset button.  This is where it gets interesting.  We looked at the following link: Getting Started with SLN-LOCAL-IOT | NXP  to obtain information about the reset switch.  As you will see, while there are several pictures of the board showing the switches, there is no discussion of the Reset switch!!  We have observed two push button switches on the board but they labeled SW1 and SW2 with no indication as to their purpose.  Presumably, one of these switches is the Rest switch!  I did discover that, if I hold SW1 down for several seconds, the board appears to reboot (with the status LED changing colors and ending in a solid red). 

If indeed the board is successfully rebooting, I would think that the status LED would be orange indicating that is listening on the wi-fi for a connection from my phone.  The fact that it is solid red is of concern.    

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi STEVEN STARK,

Thanks for your reply.
Firstly, you can download the schematic of the SLN-Alexa-IoT to locate the reset button, secondly, according to your reply, whether you mean that the led is always red after power-up.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi STEVEN STARK,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
Firstly, according to your description, I don't consider that the pre-programmed demo had been broken, so I'd like to suggest you click the reset button, then follow the Getting Started with Alexa Voice Service to connect the wifi again.
Also, NXP has provided the SDK library which contains a variety of demos for a developer for further testing, and you give a try.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos