Features that are good to consider for faster QN908x as a central device

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Features that are good to consider for faster QN908x as a central device

kishansaralaya
Contributor III

Would like to know the list of features that I need to enable/consider to make the QN908x quick start and connect to the whitelisted MAC address devices.

Few of the features which I know might have impact on the setup are:
 1. BLE Antenna design - Is there any specific Antenna design needs to be followed for the Central BLE Device.
 2. BLE Clock by default set to 8MHz is there any advantage by setting it to 16MHz.

3. Since boot up time has to optimized  as much as possible - does it make a difference by skipping the NVDS read for CAPs. 
4. It will be very helpful if there is a performance chart or timing chart showing the time QN908x controller takes to boot up, initialize the BLE stack. 

Our requirement is to make the connection with the white listed BLE Peripheral device and exchange three sets of data packets of size 20 bytes each. 

Labels (1)
  • QN

0 Kudos
1 Reply

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I would recommend you to check the web page of the device QN908x , there you will find some application notes regarding the hardware recommendations that we provide for the device, also some antenna information. Could you please check the applications notes , especially the Hardware Design Recommendations.

To achieve a fast connection with the whitelisting, it is not only from the central device, both devices should be ready to connect considering that the radio needs a time to warm up to work correctly. When using a faster CLK the clock cycle gets smaller and the code instructions are faster, still, please consider that the Bluetooth LE CLK is always 32 MHz. And sorry , all the information we have available is already either in the web page or in the SDK documentation.

Regards,
Estephania

0 Kudos