MIPI DSI HFP stability

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIPI DSI HFP stability

mark_vogt1
Contributor I

I have trying to connect a 800x480 RGB TFT to an imx8m mini using a bridge chip.  I have tried 2 different bridge vendors ic's and both show the same issue.  The horizontal front porch is not consistent from line to line.  I am seeing a variation of up to 7x pixel clocks per line.

In the attachment I am triggering on the rising edge of data enable.  The horizontal sync is stable, and you can see this issue in the falling edge of data enable for the previous frame.  

I have tried all MIPI DSI flag combinations in the linux driver without success.  I am currently using Video mode without burst and MIPI_DSI_MODE_VIDEO_SYNC_PULSE.  Adjusting these flags change the jitter, but not remove it.

Is there some setting that I'm missing?  

Mark

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mark

such configuration seems is working fine on DART-MX8MMini board:

linux-imx/fsl-imx8mm-var-dart.dts at imx_4.19.35_1.1.0_var01 · varigit/linux-imx · GitHub 

DART-MX8M-MINI : NXP i.MX8M Mini ARM SoM (System on Module) | Variscite 

other bridge example

linux-imx-tn/imx8mm-pico-pi-sn65dsi84-hj070na.dts at tn-imx_4.14.98_2.0.0_ga-wip-mipi2lvds · TechNex... 

https://www.technexion.com/products/system-on-modules/pico/pico-compute-modules/detail/PICO-IMX8M-MI... 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos