cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read SRAM via RF from NXP NTAG I2C 2k

xnormanw
Contributor II

Hey NXP-Community,

I'm very close to finally achieving data exchange via pass-through. After everything is set from I2C, I struggle a bit receiving data, since I'm not very sure which register to read from. I usually attempt to read from register 0xF0 or 0xF8, but both don't seem accessable.

Also I kind of struggle, that my phone usually loses a connection to the NTAG, though I neither move, nor enter something, which makes testing really hard. Is there a fix for this?

Kind regards

Norman

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Norman,

There is an app note on that topic, please kindly refer to https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12364.pdf  for details.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

xnormanw
Contributor II

Hi Kan_Li,

this note only refers to "SRAM_READ", which is not explained anywhere. I have got it to work with the function "FAST_READ" from the NXP I2C Android App. Thank you for your help.

Yours sincerly

Norman

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Norman,

Both SRAM_READ and FAST_READ are just commands supported by NTAG devices, it doesn't matter as the process is similar. For FAST_READ command, you may refer to https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/NT3H2111_2211.pdf?pspll=1  for details.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos