I used Buildroot for the i.MX6UL EVK evaluation board, and that's working fine. I'm using Buildroot for our i.MX6UL based product, and the kernel boots and I can login, but shortly after that the console hangs.
I've tried the following:
* Set ulimits in a start-up script.
* Blink an LED. The LED stops blinking at about the same time as the console hangs.
* Check available memory; looks fine.
* Check /var/log/messages; looks fine.
* Check dmesg; nothing suspicious.
I'm hoping for suggestions on how to debug further.