AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem with FRDM-K22F on Windows 10

Question asked by David Pfaltzgraff on Jun 11, 2020
Latest reply on Jun 12, 2020 by Erich Styger

I am working with a FRDM-K22F board and trying to get it to run under a PC that was Windows 7 and then upgraded to Windows 10. The board had been bricked, so I used the procedure at How to Recover the OpenSDA V2.x Bootloader | MCU on Eclipse to load the latest firmware (0244_k20dx_bl_0x8000,bin) to the debug port. It works to the extent that I do see the MAINTENANCE drive when I connect. However, the corresponding serial port does not show up. I believe this is why I don't see it when trying to debug in KDS 3.

I suspect that this may have to do with the drivers on my PC, but am unsure of how to make sure it's a clean install. I've run mbedWinSerial_16466.exe (both with and without admin rights) but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

Of course there's the chance that I'm trying to row up the wrong stream. So, any pointers welcome... Please no comments about moving away from KDS. This is an old project that I'm trying to maintain, but haven't used the FRDM-K22F platform for a while.

Outcomes